You won't believe this, but I just whipped up this post in less than 10 minutes. What's really sad is the inspiration: SIX of these were on a writing blog I just visited. Especially sad because I enjoyed her last post!
Without further ado...10 Ways to Screw Up a Writing Blog:
- Never make post. Or, only post once a month.
- Make sure your Twitter button that says “Follow Me!” leads to someone else. Anyone else…but you.
- Have outdated blogs on your Blogroll. You know, ones that last posted in 2011 or earlier.
- Make sure your Google Friend Widget is on your blog. It doesn’t matter that it’s been discontinued and leads to a 404.
- Fill your blog with ads, widgets, badges and “awards”.
- Hide your past posts. You don’t want anyone to find what you’ve written.
- Don’t have a Categories section.
- Don’t include code or widgets to help visitors share your content on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Don’t have your contact information listed anywhere.
- Don’t provide a way for visitors to subscribe to your blog.