1. One or more of the following words are in your bio:
2. You have an egg for a profile pic. (If I want to talk to an egg, I’d go to the supermarket).
3. Tweets are merely links to Facebook (If I wanted to read a Facebook post, I’d be there…not on Twitter).
4. Tweets are nothing but your horoscope (Who gives a shit about the Capricorn horoscope? I’m a Scorpio.)
5. Haven’t tweeted in weeks. (Why are you even on Twitter?)
6. Your tweets are RTs of other authors begging me to buy a book. (Bad enough if it’s you acting like a carnival barker for your book….let alone on behalf of the rest of the indie authors network.)
7. None of your tweets “@” anyone. You merely talk to yourself.
8. Obnoxious avatar (nudity, flashing neon, violent image, etc.)
9. You repeat the same tweets. As in, 5 or more times a day. (We got it the first time. We're not interested, K?)
10. Your tweets are game achievements. (Who cares that you’ve got an Agent Achievement in Mystery Manor Blitz. And what the hell does that even mean?)
11. Your bio contains misspellings. (You’re an “independant” author. OMG, really?)
12. Your bio IS IN ALL CAPS. (In case you didn’t know, that’s equivalent to shouting. Stop it.)
13. As soon as I follow you, I get an automated DM from your account. (Don’t do that.)
14. You use Twit Validation. (Why should I go through hoops to follow you?)
15. Possible dealbreaker - Any of these words in your bio:
So, what about you? What are your Twitter pet peeves, turn-offs and reasons for unfollowing (or refusing to follow)?