Ron made the most amazing mojitos last night...with cucumbers! Behold, a recipe for Cucumber Mojitos:
4 Cups Water
2 Large Cucumbers, peeled and coarsely chopped
30 Mint Leaves
3/4 Cups Agave Syrup
1/2 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
2 Cups Sierra Mist Soda
1. Combine water, cucumber, mint, agave and lime juice in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Strain through a sieve; discard solids.
2. Refrigerate cucumber mixture. Before serving, stir well. Serve over ice with soda (50/50). Makes 12 mocktails.
* You can add rum to make alcoholic cocktails
* You can substitute honey or natural sugar for agave syrup
* You can add soda to the cucumber mixture if you're serving a crowd immediately
* Sparkling water, Sprite or other type of lemon-lime sode can be substituted for Sierra Mist
* You can use prepared lime juice (but I don't recommend it)
* We used the mint growing right out of our garden--you can use more, if you'd like