1. What’s your favorite breakfast food? I eat multi-grain toast with avocado probably five mornings a week –delicious and healthy.
2. Book you’d like to give everyone (or wish they would read)? The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz is a simple little book with life- changing ideas. Be impeccable with your word. Don’t take anything personally. Don’t make assumptions. Always do your best.
3. What makes you laugh? Other people laughing always gets me going – it is contagious!
4. Song that never gets old: "Changes" by David Bowie was the first song that made a huge impression on me as a tween. It still has magic for me.
5. Drink of choice: Earl Grey tea with milk four times a day and I do like a hot toddy by the fire in winter.
6. Would you rather be hot or cold? Hot. I love summer.
7. Mountain, beach, desert, or forest? I live in the high desert of New Mexico at the foot of the Sangre de Christo mountains in Santa Fe and love it here.
8. Favorite color? Violet
9. Best movie line: I am not a “Trekkie”, but “May the Force be with you”.
10. Last thing you splurged on? Cut velvet top – it is very Tarot...
11. Bonus Qs: What is your favorite card in the Tarot? The High Priestess always draws my attention and I almost always love Her in any deck. From your Tarot de St. Croix deck? I have a few, well actually a lot – it’s kind of like being asked who your favorite child is. The Sun is my birth card and is on my box and I love the meaning. I painted the Goddess Isis as my High Priestess – she is my Spiritual Guide and the inspiration for my deck The Hermit in my deck is a curendera (a wise woman healer from New Mexico) – I like the painting – a bit Georgia O’Keeffe (one of my favorite artists).
Lisa de St. Croix was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Lisa’s award winning Tarot de St. Croix, hand painted in oils, was years in the making. The first edition was published in 2014 with the assistance of Devera Publishing. Lisa self published the second edition in 2017. Lisa has presented lectures and workshops at the International Tarot Conference in Portugal, at TarotCon in Dallas and Denver, at the Living Tarot Oracle in Durango, twice on the Spiritual Path of Tarot Telesummit and at the North West Tarot Symposium (NWTS). Lisa teaches Tarot Visual Journaling workshops in her studio as well as on line to a global audience. Lisa co- hosts the Tarot Meetup Group in Santa Fe. Her deck and writing was featured in The Magician; an Australian publication (Winter 2014), in the Tarot Lovers’ Calendar 2015 and three times in The Cartomancer. Tarot de St. Croix won an award from The Academy of Cartomancy, Arts and Sciences and is one of the 50 essential decks of the Tarot Professionals. Lisa has kept a blog since the conception of her deck: http://lisadestcroix.blogspot.com