Hello, Tarot Enthusiasts!
Had some nasty energy come through a place where I was reading Tarot yesterday. We needed to sage my Tarot cards and the entire area profusely after the person carrying the energy departed.
You may ask: How do you cleanse your Tarot cards and home from negative energy and entities with sage?
1. Buy a bundle of sage, like the one you see in the picture below, from a metaphysical book store (brick-and-mortar or online).
2. Think of your house as a Feng Shui square. The MAIN entrance at the bottom of the square.
3. Thinking about the same Feng Shui square, open a window closest to the Top Right Corner of the Square. This is to "let the Bad Guys out". You don't want to be chasing them around the house, just annoying them. Give them a way out!
4. Light your sage on the gas stove or use matches. Use an incense burner, plate, shell or other fireproof vessel to catch the ashes.
5. Start at the Main Entrance to your home. Move in a clockwise direction around the house.
6. Focus on nooks and crannies, mirrors, under beds, anywhere that the sage seems to smoke or pop at an increased rate. Especially focus on the shower. They love to hang out in there because people use the shower only a few minutes each day. It's a great place for them to hang out!
7. Don't forget to sage yourself (I often do... sigh...). Under your arms, between your legs, neck, bottoms of your feet and ESPECIALLY your BACK (Another great place for the bad guys to attach themselves, where you are less likely to notice them!).
8. When you complete the clockwise tour of the house, let the sage burn out. Place it on whatever you have been using to catch the ashes either by the Main Entrance or in the area where you saw the sage smoke or pop more than usual.
9. Close the window you opened when you feel the energy has dissipated.
10. Don't be afraid! Just go around the house saying "Shoo. Shoo. Shoo." "Time to move on now." "Out you go!" or something like that. They are just little dark entities. We must have Dark if we are to have Light! Right?
11. Oh! Don't forget you can use sage to cleanse your Tarot Cards when they start feeling "heavy". To include your Tarot Cards in the cleansing: Simply place your Tarot deck(s) in a cardboard box supported by 2 large crystals or 2 stacks of books at either end. Place the smoking sage underneath the box and between the crystals or books and allow it to burn out. Nice, clean, lighter Tarot decks!
12. Relax and Enjoy! After completing this process, your Tarot decks and the house should feel lighter and you may feel less anxious and jumpy.
-- Angela Lucy