Tonight begins the revelries of Beltane. Oo! What a sexy time of year this is! If you're in Edinburgh, you might want to consider attending this festival. If you're not, why not light a candle and do this reading? I gave it a whirl and I have the results below. I do want to tell you a little about my situation before I begin. Mine is a lesson in 20/20 hindsight and wanting something enough to skew a reading's interpretation.
I just know it's him!
I think I've spoken about my connection to the Boston area and my realization that it is a past life connection. So, here is my tale of two Boston boys. Some years ago I met a man on the west coast, who grew up in Boston. It was an immediate recognition, attraction, and alas the stars were not aligned. He was in a relationship and half a continent away. I busied myself, half waiting for his relationship to end, and checking in with tarot readings every now and then. This half waiting carried on for a little longer than it should have, and then I started to get messages in the cards. A man from a past life, going through a separation, because his partner was having an affair. I held my breath. I could wait a little longer...
In the meantime, a man in my faith and artistic community, who actually lives in the same city, started to flirt with me. I was confused. He was married. I didn't need a married man. I wanted my own guy. Still, the persistent flirting, so I asked around. His wife had an affair while he was off traveling. Their relationship ended in divorce. I had a very cautious AHA! moment. Did I mention this man was born near Boston? Did I leave that part out? So, while I was certain I knew who this soul mate guy was, I really had no idea. That said, let's get on with this reading...
First, I chose 2 significators. Read the instructions to find yours. I'm pretty creative, so I chose the Queen of Rods and my birth date suggested the High Priestess. I stuffed these little babies back in the deck and shuffled. A lot.
As instructed, I divided the cards into three, relatively even piles, and chose the pile with the largest numeric value, the 10 of Swords.
Luckily, both of my significators were in that pile. So far, so good...
Strangely, I found both the Ace of Cups and the 6 of Cups, so I went with the first one, the 6 of Cups.
I used the four cards before and four after the 6 of Cups, and had my nine cards for the reading.
Being the woman I am, I grabbed my pendulum and started looking for key phrases. I also looked for interactions. Reading left to right and top to bottom, this is the story that unfolded...
- 2 Swords Rx: A victim of betrayal or cheating.
- 9 Cups: With the Ace of Pentacles, this is very favorable... The fulfillment of one overriding wish or desire.
- Ace Pentacles: This card uplifts all the other cards in the spread... The arrival of an important letter or some reassuring news.
- Fool: With the Aces of Pentacles and Cups, this is a fresh start or new beginning... Infatuation.
- 6 Cups: Memories reach back to karmic ties and past lives.
- 10 Swords Rx: Recovery
- Ace Cups: A new beginning in love or a new home brings joy. True love and friendship through giving and receiving in equal measures.
- Hanged Man: With the 10 Swords, this indicates sacrifice and martyrdom taken to a negative extreme... You may find rapport with the mystic, shaman, healer, artist, poet, or dreamer, and thus with the paradoxes and mysteries of life.
- 2 Pentacles: Enjoy the journey rather than worrying about the destination. Engage in play, gaiety, recreation, exercise, or take a vacation.
So, I am cautiously optimistic. I may or may not know who this is, but it sure looks like I've found a long-lost love. It also looks like I need to remember he's been hurt before. We should all probably treat each other like they've been hurt before, yes?
Let's all go out and enjoy this sexy, lively time of year! May you receive a wonderful surprise that will light your fire, and prove to you that mystery is still alive and well in our world. Blessings on your journey.