10 Questions for Tarotist Macarena Hurtado
1. What’s your favorite breakfast food? A mocha coffee with truffle cake (or anything with a lot of chocolate). ¡yumi!
2. Book you’d like to give everyone (or wish they would read)? The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry . It’s a simple and small book, for children and also adults, but no matter how childish you think it is, anyone can learn a deep lesson from it.
3. What makes you laugh? I laugh a lot watching The Big Bang Theory. But my husband, he is the only one who knows how my humor sense works and can make me laugh in any situation.
4. Song that never gets old: You can leave your hat on, no matter how many years have passed, you become the queen of karaoke with that song. But in my language I think Camilo Sesto’s “quieres ser mi amante” (tr. Do you wanna be my lover) and from my country, “Te recuerdo Amanda” (I remember you, Amanda) by Víctor Jara. A song that can actually make you feel every word. I still feel a lump in my throat when I hear it.
5. Drink of choice: Alcoholic, Chilean wine, the best in the whole world, only compared to a nice and cold soju bottle. Non-alcoholic, tea.
6. Would you rather be hot or cold? Cold. You can always get a good sweater or two if necessary, but when it’s hot, it comes a point where you cannot go naked.
7. Mountain, beach, desert, or forest? A forest, up in the mountains.
8. Favorite color? Blue
9. Best movie line: My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." From my favorite movie, Forrest Gump.
10. Last thing you splurged on? The answer for that will always be chocolate.
Bonus Q: What do you value above all else? Family love and loyalty. No matter who do you consider as a family: old friends, husband, mom and dad, children. I think family is actually the core of human society. I also think that human being is not complete alone, he needs a home, a place to come back and share what he learns in his solitude. Family is also the best place to give love and nurturing others. I think universe works as a family too, where love is essential for everyone’s well being as individuals and as a community.
About Macarena: I've been giving advice along with the Tarot for almost twenty years. I believe that universe is like a big puzzle where everybody is an essential piece and has a unique inner truth. That's how I understand my work, and I want to help others find their own wisdom to be happy. I love human beings and spirituality. I look for learning opportunities from any experience--as a reader or as a querent, as a business woman, as a wife or as a mother. I live in Santiago, Chile, with my husband and teenager son, seven dogs, a turtle and two cats. You can find me (in Spanish) on Facebook here and read my ramblings and insights here and here, or follow me on Twitter here.